Expansion joints are components widely used in the industry both in the ground-based factories and on board of ships.
They must fulfill the following technical features:
- Vibration dampening
- Limited structural noise transmission
- High compensating power in combination with the three x-y-z - axes
- Impact-strength and water hammering capability (shock)
- Limited overall dimensions
- Easy to install
- Maintenance free
- Steadiness to the operating temperature
- Resistant to chemicals depending on the material chosen
- Resistant to both corrosion and erosion
- Fire resistant in hazardous areas because conveyance of dangerous fluids
- Compliance with the earth safety standards PED
- Compliance with the naval safety standards
COFI s.r.l. designs and manufactures any types of COFLEX®, the expansion joints available on the market, and especially:
The expansion joints can be provided with fire protection.
For further information about all others COFI products, please contact the office. See Contact.