Expansion Joints Textile
COFLEX®T expansion joints represent the most widely items used in the industry, although their ideal use is that of ducts and piping undergoing heat expansion, vibrations, twisting and misalignment.
COFLEX®T expansion compensators, provided with a multilayer fabric structure, allow high flexibility and adsorption in various directions and combinations.
They are installed on:
- Thermoelectric power plants
- Gas turbine exhaust
- Industrial Oven exhaust
- Chemical and petrochemical industry
- Paper mills
- Cement works
- in any plant or system, where thermal expansion gives rise to problems relating to specific movements.
COFLEX®T expansion compensators are designed depending on specific requirements and specially used where fluids can reach also 1,300°C.
Cofi’s Technical Dep’t required following basic information to be able to perform a right design:
- System’s design and operating temperature
- System’s design and operating pressure
- Gas composition
- Ducts movements (axial, sideways, angular, twisting)
- Gas speed
- Dust, ash, etc. content
- Special requirements as to the installation.
Basing on the above-required information, Cofi’s technical Dep’t will develop the design, carrying out a joint-to-size
During designing the most suitable material will be chosen as well as the fastening system, which fits to the particular application, possibly suggesting to supply the joint provided with metal parts, belonging to the kit, and already mounted.
BENEFITS GOT BY USING FABRIC JOINTS
- Strong vibration absorption
- High flexibility and absorption capacity
- Three axes displacement allowed with a single joint
- Noise transmission cut
- Very small reaction stress
- Firmness of the size
- Minimum overall dimensions and reduced lengths together with a great compensation capacity
- Chemical inertia and resistant to corrosion with very good gas impermeability
- Easy maintenance works with short downtimes.
For further information and analysis, please refer to Cofi’s Technical Dep’t.